Data Analyst Intern
Traverse is an identity resolution company helping marketers go beyond their active list, and engage in-market consumers within the email channel. It’s no secret that email is a highly effective communication tool for marketers to reach their active subscribers. Our aspirations for email are much bigger.
We enable marketers to reach people via email whom they currently have no means to do so, including:
- Real-time identity resolution for anonymous website visitors
- Former customers who are in-market again for their products
- Identifying new customers who are in-market for products across the web
Founded by the same team that started and sold LeadSpend to Experian.
About the Position
If you are a student, or recent graduate, and are looking for a sandbox to play with large amounts of data, Traverse offers you the opportunity to join our team as an Intern Data Analyst. Traverse receives over 250 million hashed email addresses each month tied to activity data from hundreds of sources including mobile apps, web publishers, email service providers, and email newsletter programs. Our platform sees over a billion events a day! We license data to ad tech companies and use the data to fuel our own internal products. In this role, you will leverage data and communicate your findings to help us make smarter data-driven business decisions.
- Develop a clear understanding of key data sources and licensees
- Write SQL queries to analyze data, generate insights & produce reports
- Work with spreadsheets to analyze, cross-reference & validate data
- Generate ad-hoc reports to assist managers with decision making
- Provide regular recurring reports to various stakeholders
- Collaborate with colleagues & stakeholders to define reporting requirements and implement reports
- Proactively analyze data sources to identify trends
- Completing or recently completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields of study
- Proficiency with writing and optimizing SQL queries.
- Experience using DBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or MSSQL.
- Proficiency in combining multiple sources, data manipulation & reporting in Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets
- Rigorous attention to detail and diligent in validating data
- Positive, optimistic can-do attitude and drive to succeed
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Ability to work remotely.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
Experience or interest in the following areas is also an asset:
- Business Intelligence tools
- Modern Data Warehouses such as Amazon Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, or Snowflake
- Big Data concepts such as Data Lakes, ETL/ELT, pipelines, etc.
- Programming/scripting languages such as Python, Node.js or PHP
Ideal Start Date: January 1, 2019
Length of Internship: 6-12 months
To all recruitment agencies, Traverse Data does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Traverse Data employees or any other company location. Traverse Data is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. Traverse values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, medical condition, or pregnancy. Traverse encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.