Traverse is an identity resolution company helping marketers go beyond their active list, and engage in-market consumers within the email channel. It’s no secret that email is a highly effective communication tool for marketers to reach their active subscribers. Our aspirations for email are much bigger.
We enable marketers to reach people via email whom they currently have no means to do so, including:
- Real-time identity resolution for anonymous website visitors
- Former customers who are in-market again for their products
- Identifying new customers who are in-market for products across the web
Founded by the same team that started and sold LeadSpend to Experian.
About the Position
The Traverse team is looking for a software engineer to help grow and maintain our existing products, and innovate into new areas. At its core, this position will revolve around working as part of our core development team to build out our evolving product offerings. We are a small and agile company, and put a high premium on the ability to work independently to achieve a goal.
We each wear many hats, and this role is no exception. Depending on the experience of the candidate, this role may expand to include additional responsibilities such as managing a development team, administering our stack in production, and maintaining our product roadmap and associated backlog.
The position will be located in Seattle, but full-time remote will be considered for the right candidate. Salary will range from $65,000 to $100,000 depending on experience.
As a future Software Engineer at Traverse, you are:
- Well organized and self-motivated
- An excellent developer, able to write efficient and clean code and maintain tests
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A critical thinker, able to understand how technologies fit together and identify issues
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing code for Traverse’s core products and ensuring all code is well tested
- Interpreting user stories into technical needs and acceptance criteria
- Reviewing pull requests and merging to our main code branch
- Monitoring the platform production deploys
- Contributing to deployment infrastructure (Jenkins and various automation)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building RESTful APIs, especially in Express and related frameworks
- Experience in software architecture and design, especially with web applications and distributed systems
- Experience working with data on a large scale, and an understanding the challenges it presents
- Experience with network infrastructure, especially in AWS
- Node.js. Experience with Node Streams, Express.js, and Promises required.
- AWS. Experience with Cloudformation, DynamoDb, Cloudwatch, SQS, and SWF desired.
- SQL. Experience with AWS RDS, MySql, and/or PrestoDb desired.
- Bash. Familiar with manipulating files using pipes and unix tools such as grep, awk, and compression utilities.
- Jenkins. Experience managing a continuous delivery pipeline with automated tests and deployments. Experience with other CI platforms may be considered.
- Git. Experience working within a Github organization, multiple repositories and pull requests. Other version control software experience may be considered.
This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. Traverse values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, medical condition, or pregnancy. Traverse encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.